Monday, April 21, 2008

Darfur, Sudan

You may have heard of Darfur, Sudan - you might be able to pick it out on a map, but if you're like me - you may not have done a lot of research or dedicated a great deal of time learning about Darfur and the situation there. The information I found was frankly astonishing. The genocide, the destruction, and blatant disregard for the well being of human beings simply blew my mind. There is so much going on there that my mind could not even fathom could take place.
I now have a greater understanding of the situation in Darfur and I recommend you take a deeper look into whats going on.
Here is a link to a PBS documentary on Darfur - I encourage you to take some time and watch it.
http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/sudan/vid22001.html

No comments: